Saturday, February 13, 2010

Primary Stripes

I love browsing blogs because in doing so, I've been inspired by the creative ideas of others!  

One such discovery on an old blog post by Ali Edwards inspired me to try my hand at creating a butterfly collage using my Martha Stewart *Classic Butterfly* punch --
  
  
  

I worked with one of the frames I already had on hand and made my collage to fit the 5" X 7" opening using scraps that had no other use!

Just looking at it brightens my day and makes me happy :o)

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Dallas, what a wonderful collage! I love how you have spaced a few coloured butterflies amongst the patterned ones. This is a great take on Ali's original, you have given it your own unique twist! Truly lovely work sweetheart! Jo x

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Jo!

I had so much fun making it that I plan on doing a few as gifts ... now I'll be making note of what colours family members prefer :o)

Have a great weekend!

Rosa B. said...

Very cute! I have that butterfly punch - I should try this! Thanks for sharing! :)

Abounding Treasures said...

Lil-Rosi,

You're welcome and I think I can guarantee you're going to have a LOT of fun with this!!

Vale said...

I love butterflies! I think this collage is simply beautiful. I like the colours and the pattern used. Well done!

Abounding Treasures said...

Valeasc,

Thanks ... it gave me joy just working with each piece and deciding where to place them and what colours to choose!

I'm already planning my next one :o)

Susan Raihala said...

I've been planning my own butterfly collage for a year now and need to get off my tush and do it. Yours is so happy and uplifting!

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan,

I'll be on the look-out for your *take* on it since you usually come up with something out of the ordinary :o)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!