Friday, April 9, 2010

Lonely Floral

This card began with me watercolouring a single flower stamp and since it didn't work all that well on the stem part, I used a small circle punch and wound up with just the *tops*.

Those circles lay around for awhile, waiting for a *home* and since I had some Bazzill card stock left from projects made in the past week or so, I used one of my scalloped punches to cut the watercoloured paper as a sort of *background*.

Do you ever find that some things you THINK are going to work out, just don't --- and you end up making something totally different than you planned?!!

2 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

All the freakin' time. I've learned to just go with the flow and not overthink anything. Like you've done here, almost any "failure" of artistic vision can be salvaged beautifully.

Abounding Treasures said...

Susan -- Thanks for the encouragement!

No matter what I try, I always return to CAS and your blog was my initial inspiration to not worry about layer upon layer ... 'cause I just couldn't do that style justice :o)

Have a great weekend!
Dallas

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!