Thursday, May 20, 2010

A New Collage and Climbing a Family Tree

This Butterfly Whimsy collage is made from 
a recycled vintage childrens' book Little Bear Lost by Jane Hissey.

It has been a very busy week complete with a trip to the city for a doctor's appointment this past Monday and then a jaunt into Michaels' with my 40% off coupon to buy a pair of Cutter Bee scissors ~ I heard recently that they are *a must have* for cutting out small indented areas and tiny corners, etc.

I've been tracing our joint family history since 1998 when we first got access to the Net and for the past couple of years have been doing it from my home for clients. I  always charge a very reasonable rate per hour and within the last month completed [as much as is possible considering families are ALWAYS changing] the family tree for a friend's husband as a gift to him for this Father's Day!

She paid me last evening and told me how excited he's going to be and I'm so glad that I was able to find his ancestry and fill in the links that have been missing or unknown for much of his life!

I always find that whenever I research anyone's family tree, that for the duration of the search, their family almost becomes my family and I'm so excited and thrilled about each clue that I'm able to find that leads me another generation back :o)

I'm off to visit some of my favourite blogs as well as check out this week's challenges to see if I can take part in any :o)

1 comment:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Dallas, love your latest collage!
As a librarian I am always helping people with their family trees. yesterday I was helping one of my favourite gents search for an ancestor who was an artist in Worcestershire, which is a pretty rural county in the shadow of the Malvern Hills. I know what you mean about getting really involved. I always love to imagine what people's lives might have been like and can spend far too much time making up stories about them in my head! Jo x

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!