Monday, July 19, 2010

OLW12 - Watercolor

This week Susan challenged us to use some form of watercolour for our OLCs for One Layer Wednesday and today I finally got around to creating mine!  Because I watercoloured the entire front of the Hero Arts stamp I bought a couple of weeks ago ... there wasn't really room to put a sentiment, so I put THINKING OF YOU inside on a scalloped white circle.

The card stock I used was Michaels' own brand which I really DO NOT like ~ it's just not the greatest weight or quality IMO -- I much prefer Bazzill which is the only kind available in my neck of the woods.

Because of that, I adhered the watercolour piece to pink textured Bazzill and placed it on beautiful, textured white and added 2 tiny butterflies.
This card measures almost 5" X 7" and is going to a very special young woman for her upcoming birthday!

3 comments:

Monica said...

I love the riot of colours on the flowery card... lovely colours and the card is so happy and cheerful. The young woman who receives it will be delighted to say the least.

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Monica ~ I do hope she likes it for her very special birthday!

Monica said...

Hi Dallas,

Did you get the instructions on how to make the leaves?

Love,

Monica

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!