Saturday, September 11, 2010

Watercolour Stamp *Painting*

I used my new Dee Greunig/Marvy watercolour brush pens on my Hero Arts floral designer block silhouette stamp and had a grand time *painting* this picture in soft, pastel colours.

I used a cosmetic sponge from the Dollar store and using 2 shades of green, gently brushed it across the 120 lb cold pressed watercolour paper to get the effect of grass.

With a larger cosmetic sponge, I swirled the soft blue over the paper to get the effect of soft clouds and sky.

To really make it mixed media, I added 2 butterflies in a blue that was very similar to the soft blue flowers in the garden below.  I made it to fit the frame and matte that my husband didn't need right now so it measures not quite 8" X 10".

3 comments:

Monica said...

So pretty... love the grass and the sky. Wish I could do it as well as you do.

Keep well,

Monica

Lisa Lara said...

Wow....this is beautiful. What an amazing effect. Looks beautiful framed.

Abounding Treasures said...

Monica,

Thanks! Your flowers in all their amazing styles and forms is your specialty ~ especially the quilled ones!!

***

Lisa,

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a sweet comment :o)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!