Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pride and Prejudice Recycled


I don't know about others but I LOVED Jane Austen's PRIDE and PREJUDICE, especially the BBC's mid 1990's mini-series version starring Colin Firth as Mr Darcy and Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth Bennett.

In keeping with my love for upcycling paper [ie: vintage books, classics, atlases, etc], I created these TRI-layered 1.75" butterflies from Bazzill swiss dot black card stock on the bottom and 2 layers of recycled book pages.

Each butterfly has its wings gently folded to add to the 3D effect and I must say, I was pretty happy with the results --- not the least because it's already been included in several ETSY Treasuries ~ 

2 comments:

Monica said...

Lovely, Dallas, I agree with you... the effect is just so neat and classy.

xxx Monica

Abounding Treasures said...

Your encouragement to me is always much appreciated Monica and your *hunch* about this collage was *right on*!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!