Saturday, July 10, 2010

Flutter By Wednesday #112

This week's Flutter By Wednesday has an OPEN challenge where anything goes as long as there's a butterfly, fairy or angel on your card or *project*.

Well,  my *project* yesterday was to create a larger butterfly collage with a watercolour wash background.

I had cut up 1 sheet of my husband's giant 140 lb Arches paper the day before and unfortunately not taken into consideration the TAPED EDGES I was going to need to hold my sheet to a board in order to soak it and stretch it.  That meant I cut the paper 11" X 14.5" virtually the EXACT size that I needed.

Needless to say, once it was painted it was NOT going to fit in the frame since it's new UNTAPED SIZE was only 10.5" X 14" :o(

Not wanting to cry over spilled milk and not wanting to wind up using it for something totally different, I  decided to crop the watercoloured background to 5.5" X 7.5" to fit one of my smaller box frames and to use it for this week's challenge. 

At least I no longer feel as wasteful :o)

The larger butterflies were stamped first with my new Hero Arts Antique Engravings set, watercoloured then hand cut :o)



4 comments:

Danni said...

Those butterflies just pop off the page, gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful work of art

Lynn said...

The butterflies are gorgeous and the whole concept is very creative :) Lynn x

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks Danni, Cassie_lu and Lynn :o)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!