Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Flight Skyward

I used Arches textured paper cut to fit an 11' X 14" matte opening in this 16" X 20" frame that is white oak.

Each butterfly is hand cut from watercoloured 140 lb cold pressed paper ... blues and greens form the watercolour wash effect used as the background.  It's hard to see in the photo but the wings of each butterfly are gently folded to give a wonderful 3D effect.

I need to relax more and realize there are NO mistakes in art ... everything is a learning experience!!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Hi, dear Dallas,

Sorry to comment a bit late... everytime I tried to comment something went haywire...

This is stunning... look at the BEAUTiful background. I love blues and greens. The butterflies are so REAL and they are popping out. How did you colour them? They are the most beautiful butterflies I have ever seen.

Thanks for the kind wishes on Zeenya's birthday.


xxx Monica

Abounding Treasures said...

Monica,

I've had the same problem with blogger several times and it's frustrating!!

I watercoloured the butterflies in flows of watery paint and let them dry as they *wanted*!

Have a great day!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!